Obtaining Birth Certificate in Delhi
Each birth in Delhi is obligatory to register or recorded in accordance with the 1969 Birth Act. Birth certificate is one of the primary legal documents that, in various circumstances, act as a person’s identity evidence. The Chief Birth Registrar is responsible under the State Government of Delhi for issuing the birth certificate. In this post we shall discuss in depth procedure to receive Delhi birth certificate. This applies for Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) and New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
Why to Obtain a Birth Certificate?
There are various requirements for obtaining a birth certificate as shown below:
- One must request a birth certificate to prove the age to apply for a marriage certificate.
- Driving licenses for documents such as Passport, Voter ID, etc.
- To obtain admission to school, colleges and other institutes.
- Requires benefits for insurance.
Who can get birth registration done?
In Delhi, a birth certificate can be issued if the birth occurrence is recorded within 21 days of birth date.
- If the birth occurs in a home, it is the duty of the head of the household to register the birth.
- Where the birth takes place in hospitals, nursing homes or health centres, it is the responsibility of any officer approved by a medical officer to register a birth.
- If a birth happens in custody, the liable jail is required to record those births.
- If there is a birth in the moving vehicle, the person responsible for the vehicle will be required to report the birth.
If a birth is not registered within one year of birth, you can contact the birth place to report the case, and the birth registrar office.
Structure of government charges for Birth Certificate
The following fees apply to birth registration in Delhi.
|Registration within 21 days of birth.||No fee|
|Registration after 21 days of birth||Rs.7/-|
|Registration after 30 days but before one year of birth||Rs.10/-|
|Registration after one year of birth||Rs.15/-|
Timeline for issuing Birth Certificate
The birth certificate is given within seven working days from application date.
Required Documents for Birth Certificate
The following forms with the application form to be submitted.
- Evidence or Proof of the child’s birth for whom certificate is required.
- An affidavit representing the person’s place, date, and time of birth.
- The corresponding year’s parent’s Residential Certificate.
- Proof of identification of the parents.
The documentation needed when birth registration is delayed.
- A father / mother’s request application.
- Evidence of address where a child’s birth happens.
- Affidavit in specified format which contains the child’s full details.
- Proof of date of birth.
- Card from Aadhar.
Online Application Procedure for Birth Certificate
Phase 1: Please visit Delhi Government’s official website (NDMC)
Step 2: Click on the choice “Online Services” which appears on the portal’s home page.
Step 3: From the Services list, tap on “Birth Certificate.”
Check records of birth
Step 4: The user must fill out the birth enquiry information on the next tab, and press the ‘ Search ‘ button.
Phase 5: The claimant can now see the records of their birth that are available on the database.
Step 6: The individual birth records should be selected from the birth records list.
How to download Child Birth Certificate
Step 7: Click on the button labeled “Get Certificate.”
Step 8: The applicant must give contact details and select the choice “Display Certificate.”
Step 9: The applicant can finally take a printout of the birth certificate.