- 1 Delhi Model Virtual School (DMVS)
- 1.1 Benefits of Delhi Model Virtual School
- 1.1.1 Live Classes
- 1.1.2 Interactive Library
- 1.1.3 Flexible, small group tutorial classes
- 1.1.4 Student Centric Assessments
- 1.1.5 On-demand mentoring sessions
- 1.1.6 Co-curricular Activities and Events
- 1.1.7 School assembly and Zero period for Deshbhakti and EMC classes
- 1.1.8 Self-Paced Flexible Learning
- 1.1.9 Diverse options of Career-Oriented Skill Courses
- 1.2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.1 Benefits of Delhi Model Virtual School
Delhi Model Virtual School (DMVS)
Discover a groundbreaking initiative by the Delhi government that is redefining education – the Delhi Model Virtual School (DMVS). As a one-of-a-kind full-time regular virtual school, DMVS is set to transform the traditional education landscape with its innovative approach and comprehensive offerings.
Embracing the motto of “anywhere living, anytime learning, anytime testing,” DMVS aims to bring education to the fingertips of every student, irrespective of their location or constraints. This flagship project is a significant step towards expanding the scope of Delhi’s Education Revolution.
At the core of the DMVS schooling platform lies a dynamic environment where students and teachers connect seamlessly through live classes, engaging tutorials in smaller groups, and personalized one-on-one mentoring. The school places great emphasis on providing both academic and personal support to its students, ensuring they thrive in their learning journey.
The best part? DMVS is entirely free of cost, making quality education accessible to all without any financial burden. Furthermore, students can learn at their own pace and enjoy unparalleled flexibility in managing their schedules, making it ideal for those with diverse commitments.
Benefits of Delhi Model Virtual School
At DMVS 3 hours of live classes are held for all foundational subjects where students get to learn and interact with each other simultaneously.
Availability of high quality recorded classes, audio-visual e-content and supplementary notes.
Flexible, small group tutorial classes
A 30 minute small group tutorial for any one subject is held everyday day aimed towards doubt resolution and personalized support.
Student Centric Assessments
Formative and Summative assessments focusing not only on retaining knowledge but understanding key concepts and mastering skills.
On-demand mentoring sessions
One on one mentoring for academic and personal support to students.
Co-curricular Activities and Events
Co-curricular (Art & Craft, Music, Dance, Yoga & Sports) period.
School assembly and Zero period for Deshbhakti and EMC classes
Assembly and Zero period every alternate day for classes of Deshbhakti, EMC, Happiness Curriculum
Special Assemblies and Events organized with special guest speakers for students to interact, engage and learn with.
Self-Paced Flexible Learning
DMVS offers a flexible model of teaching-learning to students of varied archetypes, allowing them to learn at anytime, at their own pace from any location and test their skills at their convenience.
Diverse options of Career-Oriented Skill Courses
DMVS offers various career oriented skill courses to students such as Storytelling, Design, Finance, Coding etc. that can help them explore a wide range of career opportunities.
DMVS is not just about traditional academic subjects; it’s committed to nurturing well-rounded individuals with a range of career-oriented skill courses. Additionally, the school extends its generous support by providing free-of-cost preparation assistance for highly competitive exams like JEE and NEET.
Functioning in virtual mode, DMVS is not an open school; rather, it operates as a regular Delhi government school, adhering to the highest standards of education. The school’s affiliation with the Delhi Board of School Education (DBSE) ensures that its certifications hold the same value as those from CBSE or any other recognized board in India.
DMVS stands out as a “School of Specialized Excellence,” marking its significance as a transformative educational institution. Students enrolled in DMVS can expect an enriching educational experience, equipping them with the skills and knowledge necessary to excel in their academic pursuits and beyond.
To reiterate, it is crucial to note that Delhi Model Virtual School is a full-time regular virtual school, not an open or part-time school. The distinction ensures that students benefit from a consistent and dedicated learning environment.
In conclusion, DMVS represents a new era of education, breaking barriers and fostering a community of passionate learners. Its virtual nature brings the world of learning to every doorstep, making quality education a reality for all. Whether one aspires to achieve academic excellence or pursue a fulfilling career, DMVS paves the way for success, making it a beacon of hope in the realm of education.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is DMVS?
Answer: DMVS stands for Delhi Model Virtual School, a full-time school operating in a virtual mode. It embodies all the essential characteristics of a regular school. Similar to any traditional full-time school, students are required to attend live classes, participate in co-curricular activities, and complete assignments and assessments.
2. What classes does Delhi Model Virtual School (DMVS) cater to?
Answer: DMVS caters to students from classes 9 to 12. Admissions for Grade 9 for the academic year 2023-24 have been closed, while admissions for Grade 11 for the same academic year are currently open.
3. What subjects are offered to students in Class 9th at DMVS?
Answer: DMVS offers 6 core subjects for Class 9: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, and Computer Science, along with various enrichment courses. In the future, DMVS plans to provide additional support for competitive exams like JEE/NEET, CUET, and other entrance exams. Moreover, students have the option to enroll in career-oriented skill courses in areas such as coding, foreign language learning, design, finance, etc.
4. What subjects are offered to students in Class 11th at DMVS?
Answer: Students enrolling in Grade 11 at DMVS for the Academic Year 2023-24 will have the option to choose between two streams:
Option 1 – STEM (JEE/NEET Prep)
Subjects: English, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology, and Business Studies, Economics, or Interdisciplinary Studies.
Option 2 – Humanities
Subjects: English, History, Political Science, Business Studies, Economics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, and Statistics.
5. What type of study material is offered to students at DMVS?
Answer: Study material at DMVS is provided in digital formats such as PDF and video. Additionally, students have access to e-material through the “Interactive Library” feature on the DMVS Student Portal. All enrolled students can access live classes, asynchronous video content, PDFs of reading material, etc., covering all subjects taught at DMVS. The study material is available online, and hard-copy formats or physical delivery of materials to students’ homes are not provided.
6. What will a typical day look like for a student at DMVS?
Answer: A student’s day at DMVS will consist of a combination of online live classes, assemblies, special events, zero period, tutorials, and co-curricular activities. The school operates from Monday to Saturday each week, with the second Saturday of every month being a holiday.
7. What are tutorials, and how will they be conducted?
Answer: Tutorials at DMVS are small group interactions between teachers and students aimed at clarifying doubts based on subject needs. Students with queries or doubts can discuss them with their teachers during these tutorial sessions.
8. Are co-curricular activities conducted at DMVS?
Answer: Yes, DMVS organizes a variety of co-curricular activities, including special assemblies with guest speakers, zero-period sessions, yoga sessions, competitions, games, and events like Christmas, New Year, Republic Day, Annual Day, etc.
9. What is the medium of instruction at DMVS?
Answer: The medium of instruction at DMVS is both English and Hindi. Teachers use a combination of English and Hindi to teach in the classroom, with English being the primary language for live classes and recorded videos. Learning material, except for Hindi Subject, is available in English only. Students have the option to write their exams in either Hindi or English.
10. What is the fee structure of DMVS?
Answer: No school fees are charged from DMVS students.
1. Can I study from my current school and DMVS simultaneously?
Answer: No, DMVS is a full-time school, and a child cannot be enrolled in two schools simultaneously. To qualify for admission, students must provide their mark sheet and school leaving certificate/transfer certificate, indicating that they have left their previous school to continue their studies at DMVS.
2. What is the eligibility criteria for applying to Class 9 at Delhi Model Virtual School?
Answer: Eligibility for Admission in Class 9:
– Students must be between 13 to 18 years of age at the time of enrollment.
– The student should have passed Class 8 from a recognized school or government school within the past two years (with a possible relaxation of 6 months more/less). Final admission is subject to the provision of the mark sheet and school leaving certificate/transfer certificate after qualifying the Online Aptitude Test.
3. What is the eligibility criteria for applying to Class 11 at Delhi Model Virtual School?
Answer: Eligibility for Admission in Grade 11:
– Students must be between 15 to 20 years of age on the closing date of registration (with a possible relaxation of 6 months more/less).
– Students should have passed Class 10 from a recognized or government school within the past two years. Final admission is subject to the provision of the mark sheet and school leaving certificate/transfer certificate after qualifying the Online Aptitude Test.
4. How will students be selected for admissions into DMVS?
Answer: Students will be selected based on an assessment of their aptitude through an Online Aptitude Test. The test will be conducted in online mode through remote proctoring, and applicants need to take the test using their smartphones, laptops, tablets, or computers with a stable internet connection. Students will be monitored during the test.
5. Will there be seat reservations for different categories at DMVS?
Answer: Yes, DMVS follows reservations as per norms and guidelines of the Directorate of Education, Government of NCT of Delhi.
6. What documents are required while filling out the admission registration form for Class 11?
Answer: The following documents need to be uploaded during Class 11 registration:
– Passport size photo with a white/black background (mandatory)
– Photo ID proof (mandatory)
– Class 10th Marksheet (mandatory)
– Disability certificate (if applicable)
– Category certificate (if applicable)
7. When and where will I receive information about the aptitude test for admission in Class 11?
Answer: The Online Aptitude Test for Class 11 admission is tentatively scheduled in the last week of July 2023. The syllabus, guidelines, date, and time of the online aptitude test will be shared on the DMVS website, Applicant Portal, and applicants’ registered email. Applicants are advised to regularly check the Admission Details page, Applicant Portal, and their emails for updates.
8. When will classes begin at DMVS?
Answer: For the session 2023-24, the new academic session for Class 9 is scheduled to begin in the first week of July 2023, and for Class 11, it will commence from Mid August 2023 (tentatively).
9. Is there a helpline number for support during the admission process?
Answer: Yes, applicants can contact the admissions support team at DMVS by emailing their queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What is the mode of assessment at DMVS?
Answer: All important exams at DMVS are conducted online. Students are required to take exams through an online platform, where they can fill in and upload their answers. These exams are live and monitored by an invigilator. However, board exams for classes 10th and 12th are conducted offline, and students may need to visit test centers in Delhi to appear for these exams.
2. What type of exams are conducted at DMVS?
Answer: DMVS follows the new age assessment pattern of the Delhi Board of School Education (DBSE), where students are assessed based on the competencies they have gained while learning at the school. Students are assessed through class tests, live online exams, assignments, homework, project work, activities, etc. It’s important to note that DBSE Board Examinations for Grades 10th and 12th are conducted in-person/physically, and students from outside Delhi need to come to the exam centers in Delhi to appear for their end-term examinations.
There are two types of assessments conducted at DMVS:
– Internal Assessment: This accounts for 20% of the Final Grade.
– End-Term Assessment: This accounts for 80% of the Final Grade.
3. Do I need to travel to Delhi to take an exam?
Answer: End-Term Examinations for Grades 9th and 11th are conducted in a flexible online mode, allowing students to take the exam from any location with proper internet connectivity. However, DBSE Board Examinations for Grades 10th and 12th are conducted in-person/physically, requiring students from outside Delhi to visit the exam centers in Delhi for their end-term examinations.
More About DBSE & DMVS Affiliation
1. Which Board is Delhi Model Virtual School affiliated to?
Answer: Delhi Model Virtual School (DMVS) is affiliated to the Delhi Board of School Education (DBSE). The certification from DBSE and DMVS is recognized both within India and abroad.
2. What is the validity of the certificate/marksheet from DBSE?
Answer: DBSE marksheets/certificates hold the same validity as those from other boards. They are accepted for admission to other school boards and universities across the country.
3. How is DMVS different from NIOS virtual school/other Virtual Schools?
Answer: DMVS is Delhi Government’s first fully virtual, full-time regular school, providing holistic education to all students. Unlike an open school, DMVS places a strong emphasis on student participation, continuous learning, and evaluation. It also focuses on social and emotional support, offers provisions for socialization, and fosters a strong sense of school community.