Delhi Meerut Expressway
Delhi and Meerut are two of the most populous cities in India. Delhi is the capital of India, while Meerut is a major industrial city in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The distance between Delhi and Meerut is approximately 102 km. The two cities are well-connected by road and rail.
The Delhi to Meerut Expressway has brought a sigh of relief to the daily commuters and travelers between these two prominent North Indian cities. Connecting the bustling metropolis of Delhi with the historical charm of Meerut, this modern expressway offers a convenient and time-saving option for those embarking on the journey. In this article, we will delve into the essential aspects of traveling from Delhi to Meerut, including toll tax charges, speed limits, route, distance, and estimated travel time.
Delhi Meerut Expressway lies on the NH 9 highway. This route is approximately 112 km long and takes about 2 hours and 30 minutes to drive. This highway is a multi-lane highway with a speed limit of 100 km/h.
Toll Tax Charges
There is one toll plaza on the NH 9 highway between Delhi and Meerut. The toll plaza is located at Ghaziabad. The toll tax charges for a car vary depending on the type of vehicle and route traveled. However, the toll tax charges are typically between INR 70 and INR 155.
|Route||Toll Tax Charges|
|Sarai Kale Khan to Dasna||No Toll tax|
|Sarai Kale Khan to Rasoolpur Sikrod||Rs 100|
|Sarai Kale Khan to Bhojpur||Rs 130|
|Sarai Kale Khan (Delhi) to Meerut||Rs 155|
|Meerut to Dasna Ghaziabad||Rs 70|
|Meerut to Indiarapuram Ghaziabad||Rs 105|
|Meerut to Sarai Kale Khan (Delhi)||Rs 155|
|Please Note – In case Fastag is not there, you will have to pay double the toll charges.|
The speed limit on the NH 9 highway between Delhi and Meerut is 100 km/h.
The travel time from Delhi to Meerut varies depending on the route you take and the traffic conditions. However, the typical travel time is between 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Tips for Driving from Delhi to Meerut
- Plan your journey in advance and check the traffic conditions before you leave.
- Make sure that your vehicle is in good condition and that you have a full tank of fuel.
- Obey the speed limit and drive safely.
- Be aware of the toll tax charges and have the necessary cash or coins ready.
- Take breaks along the way to rest and refresh yourself.
Driving from Delhi to Meerut is a relatively easy and straightforward journey. The two cities are well-connected by road and the highways are in good condition. However, it is important to be aware of the toll tax charges and speed limits. By following the tips above, you can ensure a safe and enjoyable journey.
In addition to the information above, here are some additional things to keep in mind when driving from Delhi to Meerut:
- The best time to drive from Delhi to Meerut is early in the morning or late at night when the traffic is lighter.
- If you are driving during the day, be sure to take breaks in the shade to avoid getting overheated.
- Be aware of the different types of vehicles that you will encounter on the road, including trucks and buses
- Be patient and courteous to other drivers.
- Two/Three Wheelers (Bikers) and Tractor Trolleys on Delhi Meerut Expressway are not allowed and there is a Rs 20,000 challan for the same.