|Monuments in Delhi|
Netaji Subhash Rd, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi, India
Reasons to be here –
Comfort for the Soul, Rejuvenation for the mind and faith seeking!
Entry Fee – Free
All days of the week: 12:00 AM-11:30 PM
Way to reach –
Located in the heart of the city, the Chandni Chowk, a person can de-board the metro at Chandni Chowk metro station and walk to witness a part of religious patronage i.e. the Gurdwara Sis Ganj.
Traveller’s Pick – Gurudwara Sis Ganj
What are the specialties of Gurdwara sis Ganj
Are you looking for the most interesting religious place in Delhi? Well, then nothing can be the best option other than Gurdwara sis Ganj. Ancient Indian culture is getting strongly represented by the same and thus it attracts lots of travelers all cross India. Even, the count of foreign travelers is also going on increasing these days.
History of this Gurdwara
Guru Tej bahadur is the 9th Sikh-guru and in his memory Gurdwara sis Ganjhas been created. It can be treated as last-guru homage and thus you can get a lot of information about the preaching of this guru. It was being constructed in the year 1783 so that the Sikh community can remember their last guru forever.
Last rituals that were being performed at Anandapur Sahib can be easily known from this Gurdwara and this is one of the main reasons for the highest popularity of the same. It is being believed that you can get blessings of guru of you visit the place. You will also come to know about the whole life story of the Guru including his sufferings, imprisonments, nothing place and religious sentiments.
Why to visit this place?
- Gurdwara sis Ganj has got a greater cultural and religious significance.
- You can now find different attractive locations nearby especially Red fort and Chandni Chawk.
- The market place near to this place is quite interesting as lots of items are available out here.
- The climatic condition of Delhi is very much impressive and thus you will just love to visit this Gurdwara in any season.
- Sikh communityâ€™s ancient culture and religious belief can be known from this place.
- You can get karha parsad which is nothing buy gee and sweet-for mixed foods. These foods are really quite tasty to have.
Nearby Attractions –
Chandni Chowk – The heart beat of Delhi and a hot favorite tourist spot which boost of finest street food which is high on taste and easy on pocket.
Red Fort – Situated barely Â½ kilometers from Gurdwara Sis Ganj, Red Fort is another superior example of astuteness of Indian architectural roots. Read More »
TRAVELER’S ESSENTIALS –
Cover your head (both men and women) before entering Gurudwara with a scarf / chunni / bandana. It is part of cultural belief in Sikh community. Do not refuse the blessing from the gurus, Karah Parshad (sweet flour and ghee-based food).