State Disabilities Benefits (Pension Scheme)
Delhi Social Security Department manages the disability scheme, which is a tie up between the State and the Central Government allocation. The scheme is known as the Food Allowance / Financial Allowance for people with special needs. The grant shall be Rs 2500/-per month.
Financial Assistance to Persons with Special Needs- as per notification by Delhi Government – (popularly known as Disability Pension)
Criteria for Eligibility
- The age of disabled people does not exceed 60 years (0 to 60 years).
- Family wealth should not exceed Rs. 1,00,00 per annum from all the sources. Annual family income of less than Rs 1,00,000 p.a. from all sources (including rent, interest on savings etc). Here “Family” means parents or if the parent(s) are not alive then legal guardian in case of the minor, unmarried, unemployed disabled person(s). In case of married disabled persons, it means wife /husband and minor or disabled adult children solely dependent on him/her. Applicant will need to give a self-declaration regarding income in the appropriate column provided in the application form.
- The applicant should have an Aadhaar number.
- Resident of the National Capital Territory of Delhi for a period of at least 5 years preceding the date of submission of the document.
- The disability of the candidate should not be less than 40%. The Government hospital has to grant a disability certificate.
- Must have a ‘single-operated’ account in any bank or post office to collect payment via an online clearing system. That rule can be eased in the case of minors, mentally disabled candidates or others who come under the authority of the Legal Guard in compliance with the rules of the National Trust.
- Must not be receiving any pension/ financial assistance from Central Govt/ State Govt/ other
governmental local bodies or any other source for this purpose.
- To persons with disability irrespective of age (i.e. From birth until death)
- Disability 40% or more to persons with following disabilities
(ii) Low vision
(v) Locomotor Disability
(vi) Cerebral Palsy
(vii) Autism Spectrum Disorder
(viii) Intellectual Disability (Mental Retardation)
(ix) Mental Illness
(xi) Muscular Dystrophy
(xii) Acid Attack Victims
(xiii) Hard of hearing
(xiv) Speech and language disability
(xv) Specific Learning Disabilities
(xvi) Multiple Sclerosis
(xvii) Parkinson’s Disease
(xx) Sickle Cell Disease
(xxi) Multiple Disabilities
- Evidence of residence
Any of the documents listed below (which clearly show at least 5 years of residence in Delhi): a copy of the Ration Card / Voter Card / Passport / Driving License / Birth Certificate issued by MCD / Registrar-Births and Deaths / Assurance policy document / Immmunization card of any family member / Delhi Medical Treatment Records / Electricity Bill / Water Bill / Telephone bill/Gas contact receipt / Bank Passbook / Cast Certificate / Student I-card / Service Identification Card / Public / Private Business Id Card / Pension Card / Pension Card / Ex-Service Dependant Certificate / Property certificate / Any other certificate that specifically indicates at least 5 years of residency in Delhi.
- Copy of the Disability Certificate issued by the Medical Board of the Government Hospitals. The NCT of Delhi or the Administration. Of India, guy.
- The applicant’s self-declaration of his / her family income as provided in the document.
- The form must also be approved by the Gazetted Officer of the Central / State Government. Or the MP / MLA and associated records should also be registered.
- In the situation ‘No Written Documentation’ is available to the claimant by contrast to the proof of residency
(1) The claimant will have to file a declaration of either of the two proofs of residency, the following number, indicating the time of development of the statements of any of the two witnesses on the following list, suggesting the date of duration of stay of the claimant in Delhi
a. Public representative, such as MP for the area, MLA for the area,
b. The President or Secretary General of RWA of the locality
c. Three of the applicant’s neighbors with their contact information
d. Registered Women SHGs / Chairman of Mahila Mandals or Secretary General.
e. ICDS Supervisors / ASHA Field F staff. The Gazetted Officer of the Central / Delhi Government.
(2) In addition to the deposition of the claimant, the appropriate record for the photo-identity evidence, the location and the duration of stay of the witnesses must also be added to the case, which explicitly demonstrates that the witnesses themselves have been in the same place for the amount of years they appear to have met the complainant. That will refer to all but the state official, such as MP / MLA of your area.
Procedure for the submission of application
Applicant will contact the Social Services District Office to receive the application form. The completed form must be submitted at the same location. Type is also available on the official website of the Social Welfare Department of Delhi. The claimant should receive a print copy of the document and follow the protocol referred to above.
a) Application to be made online on e-District portal www.edistrict.delhigovt.nic.in by registering through citizen log in or by approaching concerned District Social Welfare Office. In case of minors, Aadhaar of parent is to be registered first and then Aadhaar of minor is to be attached in profile.
b) Aadhaar number is mandatory for filling up the application.
c) For applying, self-attested documentary proof for following needs to be scanned and uploaded.
- Age proof
- Residence proof
- Bank a/c number (Single a/c). This provision may be relaxed in the case of minors who
can have bank acount under guardianship .
- Disability Certificate issued by a Govt. Hospital as per norms.
- One passport size photo of the applicant
- Income self-declaration in the format given on the portal itself.
Receipt of application forms, sanction
- New applications under the Scheme are received on the e-district portal under Disability
- After submission of application, District Social Welfare Office will scrutinize the
application and if required, call the applicant with relevant documents for verification.
- Normally, the applications are disposed off within 45 days of receipt of applications,
unless circumstances dictate otherwise.
- The payment to new applicants, if sanctioned, is made with effect from the month
subsequent to the month of the application. Once the pension is started, the assistance is
remitted regularly thereafter.
Sum of Rs. 2500/-per month remitted to the bank account on a quarterly basis via the R.B.I (electronic Clearance Scheme) program. The Social Welfare Officer of the Concerned District is the responsible authority for verification, approval and payment of assistance under the scheme. In the case of a charge for help, it shall be due from the month of the month after issuance of the submitted document in all respects. Beneficiaries who cross the age of 60 years shall immediately be moved to the Old Age Assistance Program. The assistance is remitted to the bank account of the beneficiary as per the Aadhaar number / account number of the beneficiary through PFMS portal.
Criteria for eligibility
- Applicant will have a disability of 40 per cent and beyond
- Applicant with a disability of 100 per cent may receive a 50 per cent discount for their escort / attendant
- Applicant must be residing in Delhi.
- Card issued by SDM
- Residential proof
- Passport size photograph
- Copy of Disability certificate.