Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal recently announced free sewage connection for residents who will apply for it before 31st March 2020. Under Mukhyamantri Muft Sewer Yojna, the Government will cover the cost of cleaning septic tanks. People without a sewer connection will benefit from the system, adding that it is also going to prevent the flow of untreated sewers into the River Yamuna. Delhi Government will bear the whole cost of new connections, saving Rs 15,000 on this account on an average household.
Salient features of Free Sewage Connection scheme :
- This scheme is only for residents of unauthorised colonies where sever lines have been laid and are functional.
- All expenses will be borne by Delhi Jal Board.
- More than 2.34 lakh residents will benefit from this scheme.
- No fee will be levied for sewer connection (sewer connection fee, road restoration fee, sewer development fee or infrastructure fee)
- This will be progressive step towards keeping Delhi and Yamuna river clean.
Note : Last Date to Avail the Scheme : 31 March,2020
Also Read Delhi Jal Board Bill Waiver Scheme 2019