Delhi’s Coronavirus cases have been rising since this is a pandemic disease. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new virus. The disease causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever, and in more severe cases, difficulty breathing. You can protect yourself by washing your hands frequently with sanitiser, soaps and hand wash, also avoid touching your face, and avoiding close contact (1 or 2 meter) with people in public areas.
The Delhi Government has ordered six hospitals to start collecting samples for coronavirus test with immediate effect, according to an official statement. The hospitals are Rajiv Gandhi Super specialty Hospital, Lok Nayak Hospital, Deendayal Upadhyay Hospital, Babasaheb Ambedkar Hospital, Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital and Janakpuri Superspecialty Hospital.
Update on Coronavirus in Delhi
The Government of Delhi in exercise of the aforesaid powers has notified a lockdown in the whole of territorial jurisdiction of NCT of Delhi from 0600 hrs on Monday, 23rd March, 2020 to midnight of Tuesday, 31st March, 2020 vide order dated 22 March and Whereas the inter-state borders of Delhi with its neighbouring states of Haryana and Uttar Pradesh have been sealed.
Movement of General Public
The general public of Delhi are advised not to move out of their homes unless absolutely essential and use of vehicles should be curtailed to bare minimum. Movement out of homes should only be made for procurement of essential services / commodities only, if necessary or for any medical exigency to a clinic/hospital. Movement will be allowed on self certification basis.
24 x 7 Control Room
A 24×7 Control Room is being set up at the Office of Divisional Commissioner, GNCTD and also at all the offices of District Magistrates of GNCTD. An officer of the rank of ACP shall be available at all Control Rooms at all times to ensure proper liaison with the offices of District Magistrates on real time basis.
a. The e-pass (in the prescribed format as per Annexure -II) shall be issued to the persons coming from outside Delhi, in category 2 and 4, if needed, by the offices of District Magistrates concerned.
b. The applicants can apply for such e-pass on Whatsapp to the authorized mobile numbers as specified in Annexure-IV or on the email ID firstname.lastname@example.org giving their particulars along with relevant documents pertaining to their identity and essential service as the case maybe.
c. Such an e-pass shall also be received on the same Whatsapp number or email of the applicant and shall be valid.
Delhi residents stranded outside Delhi
The persons, who are residents of Delhi and are stranded outside Delhi for some reason, shall be allowed to enter Delhi on production of any valid ID/Residence proof showing their residential address in Delhi.
In order to facilitate smooth and uninterrupted operation of the aforesaid essential services / establishments and commodities and to ensure effective operation of the lockdown, the following Standard Operating Procedures is laid down :
1. Government/PSU employees engaged /requisitioned for providing essential services The employees of such Departments/Autonomous Bodies/PSUs of GNCTD engaged in providing essential services/activities as detailed in Annexure-I shall be allowed unhindered movement in and out of Delhi, on production of their official Identity Card. Those employees of Government/ Autonomous Bodies/PSUs of GNCTD, who are requisitioned for providing essential services shall be allowed unhindered movement in and out of Delhi on production of a pass to be issued by the offices of
the DMs concerned/Divisional Commissioner/HoDs .
2. Outsourced and contractual employees/personnel engaged by Government Departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies in providing essential services Such employees/ personnel shall be allowed unhindered movement in and out of Delhi on production of a pass to be issued, by the offices of District Magistrates concerned/Divisional Commissioner/ HoDs concerned or any Gazetted Officer authorised by HoDs.
3. Health Care Personnel of Private Sector All the health care personnel who are private employees viz. Private doctors/paramedical staff/lab technicians etc. shall be allowed free movement on production of
their employer ID cards. Self-employed doctors/ healthcare personnel shall be allowed movement in and out of Delhi on production of official I-Card issued by their regulatory body/related government organisation.
4. All other essential service providers in Private Sector Private personnel who are engaged in providing essential services shall be allowed to move in and out of Delhi on production of a pass to be issued, by the offices of District Magistrates concerned /Divisional Commissioner/ District Deputy
Commissioners of Police concerned/ HoDs concerned or any Gazetted Officer authorised by HoDs.
5. Vehicles engaged in transportation of essential commodities and vehicular passes for the private vehicles of the officials mentioned in category 1, 2, 3 and 4 above Private vehicles for the persons in category 1 and 2, must obtain passes issued by the offices of District Magistrates concerned/Divisional Commissioner/HoDs concerned or any Gazetted Officer authorised by HoDs .
News Source : Delhi Government Website
You may also read :