Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has set the minimum base passenger fare as Rs 10 and the maximum fare as Rs 50. The new fare slabs will include Rs 10 for the distance from 0-2 km, Rs 15 for the distance from 2-5 km, Rs 20 for the distance 5-12 km, Rs 30 for 12-21 km, Rs 40 for 21-32 km and Rs 50 for the travel of 32 km & above. For public holidays and Sundays DMRC will charge Rs 10 from 0-12 km, Rs 20 from 12-21 km, Rs 30 from 21-32 km, Rs 40 for travel more than 32Km. Here is the base fare list for Delhi Metro fares.
|Distance Zone (Kms)||Fare (Monday to Saturday)|
|Distance Zone (Kms)||Fare (Sunday)|
|Distance Zone (Kms)||Fare (Airport Express Orange Line)|
- 10% discount to be continued on every journey made by the passengers using Delhi Metro Smart Card.
- To avoid congestion during peak hours, an additional 10% discount will be given to the passengers carrying Smart Card who exit from metro system during off peak hours based on the following time zones:
- Start of revenue services to 08:00 AM.
- From 12.00 Noon to 05.00 PM.
- From 09:00 PM to closing of revenue services.
The above discount is applicable from Monday to Saturday (weekdays) only. Thus, in all a passenger may avail 20% discount on smart card while travelling during the off-peak time.