DDA Housing Scheme 2010 Launched -
From Vasant Kunj To Kondli, The DDA Flats Cover A Wide Price Range
Finally, Delhi Development Authority has announced what everyone has been waiting for. DDA’s mega housing scheme will be open from November 25 to December 24 this year. Around 16,000 flats will be offered for the draw. These are located all over Delhi in colonies like Vasant Kunj, Mukherjee Nagar, Motia Khan, Jasola, Dwarka, Rohini, Narela, Jaffarabad, Kondli and Gharoli besides other colonies.
The cost of construction of these flats ranges from Rs 1536 to Rs 6069 per square feet. The flats located at Vasant Kunj, which have been built according to higher specifications, will attract a higher price. The cost for the new scheme flats includes lumpsum maintenance charges for exteriors and common portions.
In order to make the DDA Flats accessible to all sections of society, there is a mix of onebedroom, two-bedroom and three-bedroom houses, expandable units and Janta one-room houses. It is for the first time that the one-room tenements located in Narela, Trilokpuri and Shivaji Enclave have been included in the scheme.
Any Indian citizen who has attained the age of 18 years can apply for the DDA flat provided he or she does not own any residential flat or plot in full or in part, on leasehold or freehold basis, in the capital either in his or her own name or in the name of his/her wife/husband or in the name of minor or dependent children.
Both husband and wife can apply but only one will be allotted a flat in case both are successful in the draw. One person can submit only one application form. There is no income criteria. The applicant can apply only if he has a valid pan card and a bank account.
For the first time, it has been made mandatory that the entire allotment money should be from the bank account of the allottee and a certificate to this effect will have to be submitted at the time of possession.
The applicant will have to deposit a registration fee of Rs 1.5 lakh. But for the Janta one-room tenement category, the amount is Rs 50,000. The cost of the form is Rs 105 and it will be available at various designated branches of the banks. The form details which have been provided in the brochure will be uploaded on the website of DDA on November 25.
The reservations for scheduled castes will be 17%, scheduled tribes 7.5%, one per cent for war widows, one per cent for the physically handicapped and one per cent for ex-Servicemen.
Drawing a lesson from last time when the draw came under a cloud, DDA says to ensure that the money is deposited by the allottee only, a copy of the pass book along with bank certificates will have to be given at the time of possession and it will also be sent to the income-tax department by DDA.
The draw will be held within a period of four months from the last date of closure of the scheme and, therefore, no interest will be paid for this period. Money will be refunded to unsuccessful applicants at the earliest, and in case the money is not refunded within four months time from the closure of the scheme, simple interest at the rate of 5% per annum will be paid. The refund as in the earlier scheme will be paid through the banks only.
News Update – 26-Nov-10
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
Applicants must read the terms & conditions given in the brochure carefully.
- Allotment will be on Freehold and on as-is-where-is basis. The title shall be transferred only when Conveyance Deed is executed in favor of the allotee.
- One Person can submit one Application only.
- Applicant must have a Permanent Account Number (PAN) allotted under the Income Tax Act and a Bank Account.
- Payment of Registration money as cost of the flat will have to be made only from Applicants Account through Banker’s Cheque / Demand Draft only.
- Please note that a copy of Demand-cum-Allotment letter of the successful applicant will be forwarded to the Commissioner, Income Tax, New Delhi.
- People are advised not to be misled or influenced by promises of assured allotment from unscrupulous persons / property dealers.
- People are urged to get all information about this Scheme only from DDA or its Authorized Banks.
- For any mis-representation or concealment of facts or if the amount is not paid from the allottees account or if any DDA property is found in the name of the applicant, in such cases, the allotment will be cancelled, amount forfeited and the applicant liable for legal action.
– Last date for submission of Application form is 24.12.2010.
For Brochure / Application Form
- The prescribed Brochure along with Application Form can be purchased on payment of Rs.105/- (Rs.100/- cost of form + Rs.5/-D-Vat).
- The Application Form will be available at selected branches of the Banks mentioned below:
- Axis Bank Ltd.
- HDFC Bank Ltd.
- IDBI Bank Ltd.
- ICICI Bank Ltd.
- State Bank of India, Vikas Sadan, New Delhi
- Central Bank of India, Vikas Sadan, New Delhi
- Union Bank of India, Nehru Place, New Delhi